Here are a some of the health and wellness resources I use and love:
- It Starts with Food by Melissa & Dallas Hartwig. This book is gold – seriously. It explains the science behind the paleo lifestyle in a non-sciencey way, and goes into detail of why sugars, grains, dairy and legumes are not good food choices. It is also the bible for how to manage your Whole30. A must read for anyone new to paleo.
- Well Fed & Well Fed 2 by Melissa Joulwan outlines great easy ways to prep food and always have something paleo in the fridge. Have tried several recipes which are all easy and delicious!
- Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, a fellow NTP. A fantastic resource on nutrition and health including several meal plans from strict paleo to managing auto-immune and thyroid issues. Some really good recipes in here too. She’s recently released an updated version too.
- I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson. Sarah’s books and blog are not fully paleo – but a lot of the recipes are, and the book it just so pretty it make you want to eat it all up!
- The Paleo Approach by Dr. Sarah Ballantine outlines in detail how and why to commit to an autoimmune version of Paleo, a must for those needing to trouble-shoot their Paleo diet.
- The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook by Mickey Tresscott. Mickey shares beautiful recipes from her whole food kitchen.
- Nom Nom Paleo was one of the first Paleo blogs I followed. I love Nom Nom Paleo’s delicious recipes, design style and cute cartoons! This blog inspired me to start living a Paleo lifestyle and to start my own blog. Check it out – there’s an app too.
- Eat Drink Paleo – Irey at EDP has loads of great food ideas all nicely categorised so you can find them quickly and get them in your belly!
- PaleOMG – Julie Bauer’s blog covers food, fitness and lifestyle, plus she has the cutest Frenchie ever! Also check her podcast and books.
- Fed & Fit – Cassy-Joy shares her tips for real food living in Texas.
- The Merrymaker Sisters – Emma & Carla share their tips for leading a happy health life… “Yum & Fun”.
- Stupid Easy Paleo – Steph focuses on nutrition and strength training for a health you!
- Against All Grain – Yummy grain free recipes by Danielle Walker. Danielle healed her own autoimmune disease by following a grain and legume free diet.
- Mark’s Daily Apple – Mark is a legend. Go to his site now!
- Civilized Caveman – because the best Banana Bread ever!
- The Paleo Way – Pete Evans get a bad rap in the Aussie media, but he’s a man on a mission to spread the ‘food is medicine’ word.
- That Paleo Show – “That Paleo Show is designed to make the ‘Paleo’ lifestyle easy and accessible for everyone” – and it does. Good listening for the daily commute.
- The Period Party – For the ladies out their wondering what happened to their period, or what is happening with their hormones!
- Low Carb Conversations
- Primal Blueprint Podcast
- The Paleo View
There are hundreds of other great websites and resources out there, but these are the ones I use regularly.